Control Measures (existing):
1. The importance of good personal hygiene has been explained to all staff. Particularly the need for regular thorough hand washing and the avoidance of touching eyes, nose or mouth, if their hands are not clean.
2. Staff instructed to clean their hands frequently, using alcohol-based hand sanitisers or to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Soap and gels are provided.
3. Staff instructed that any potentially contaminated clothing should be removed and placed in a suitable plastic bag or container.
4. Staff instructed that disposable tissues, should be used when coughing and or sneezing. Used tissues to be bagged and put into a bin or pocketed and taken home for safe disposal.
5. Staff have been instructed to wear a freshly laundered uniform every day and not wear long sleeves
6. Hair must be tied back and no jewellery worn except a plain band wedding ring
7. A clean uniform must be worn every day and a spare uniform must be bought to work
8. We advise staff to have a shower when they arrive home after work
9. If possible do not travel to work on public transport
10. Staff are required to hang coats/fleeces in a named plastic suit bag that will be provided and kept on a rail
11. Staff will be provided with an cloth apron to keep a supply of gloves, sanitiser, plastic aprons and pens